President Obama and the Muslim World Reading List
- Haroon Moghul thinks that President Obama’s interview with Al-Arabiya would have been a stronger statement if it had been given on the Al Jazeera network in Muslim World: “Americans Are Not Your Enemy” (Avari).
- Andrew Sullivan from The Atlantic says respect is the key impression that “The Al-Arabiya Move” made. He also features a personal perspective from a reader about his Muslim family’s reaction.
- Jordanian blogger for The Black Iris is “realistic” about real change happening in the Arab world.
- Nas, another blogger from The Black Iris, points out how hard it is to reconcile US armed forces in the Arab world with Obama’s statement that “the Americans are not your enemy” in “Obama on the Muslim World.”
- International columnist for The Moderate Voice Swaraaj Chaunhan asks “Barack Obama in the White House: What Next?“
- Watandost offers potential answers to the question “How can Obama Administration Deal with Iran?” and outlines the administration’s agenda in Pakistan.
- Blogger Tariq Nelson says so far so good.
- Obama Tells Muslims That ‘Americans Are Not Your Enemy’ (Radio Free Europe).
- Xaalen from Ijtema highlights the article “Barack Obama and the African American as World Citizen“
- Blogger Umar Lee writes “Obama The New President, America Far From Post-Racial: A Drive Down MLK.”
- Muslimmatters published a letter from the former prime minister of Malaysia Dr. Mahathir to Barack Obama on Inauguration Day.
- Muslimah Media Watch blogger Krista discusses Ingrid Mattson’s invite to lead a prayer at the National Prayer Service.
Do you have a blog post or article you think should be added to this? Send us an email with the link or comment below and we’ll update the post. What do you think about the Obama presidency and its relations with the Muslim World so far? Is it too soon to tell? Feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment below.