Broadcast date: 3 p.m. Central Time, April 8, 2010
Saudi Arabia’s recent plan to remove women from praying near the Ka’ba was scotched by a huge global outcry coming from Islamic feminists, even from inside Saudi Arabia, claiming gender discrimination that violates the Qur’anic principle of equality. What does Islamic feminism have to offer? Where does it come from and where is it going? Expect some surprising revelations and illuminations to come from this program.
- Sumbul Ali-Karamali, scholar of Islamic law, author of The Muslim Next Door
- Areej Zufari, Professor of Humanities, Valencia College
How to Listen and Participate
- Listen live on radio stations in Wisconsin Public Radio broadcast areas. The show will be broadcast live at 3 p.m. and re-broadcast at 9 p.m. CT.
- Listen to a live webstream of the show on the Ideas Network.
- Call 1-877-GLOBE-07 to leave a voicemail for this show anytime.
- Leave a comment on this page, or send us an email with your thoughts.