Broadcast date: 3 p.m. Central Time, June 20, 2011
Hafez, the famous 14th century Persian poet, used the most gorgeous language to expose duplicity, irreverence, and corruption in preachers, scholars of religious laws, memorizers and reciters of the Qur’an. Why is he still one of the best read poets of Persian literature?
- J. Reza Saberi is the translator of Divan Hafez, the collected poems of Hafez.
- Jawid Mojaddedi is an associate professor in Islamic studies at Rutgers University.
How to Listen and Participate
- Leave a post below and the Inside Islam radio show will consider airing your comments and question during the broadcast!
- Listen live on radio stations in Wisconsin Public Radio broadcast areas. The show will be broadcast live at 3 p.m. and re-broadcast at 9 p.m. CT.
- Listen to a live webstream of the show on the Ideas Network.
- Call 1-877-GLOBE-07 to leave a voice mail for this show anytime.
- Leave a comment on this page, or send us an email with your thoughts.