Tomorrow (Thursday, March 15) at 3 pm Central Time, radio host Jean Feraca will speak with scholars Reza Aslan and Marc Lynch about Islam and Democracy. As part of our build-up to the Islam and Democracy Conference to be held April 13-14 in Madison, WI (see conference schedule), Aslan and Lynch will touch on a variety of topics related to the Arab Spring.
Tariq Ramadan recently offered his perspective on the Muslim Brotherhood and their ascendance within the new Egyptian political climate. Building on Ramadan’s perspectives, Aslan and Lynch will focus on the political transformation of the Middle East and the role of democratic principles inherent within Islamic philosophy.
You can learn more about Lynch’s recent work on the Middle East on his blog and website. And you can listen to past Inside Islam shows with Reza Azlan on such varied topics as Whitewashing Tales from the Arabian Nights, 100 Years of Literature from the Middle East, Losing the War on Terror, and Young Muslims and New Media.
How to Listen and Participate
- Leave a post below and the Inside Islam radio team might air your comments and questions during the broadcast.
- Listen live on radio stations in Wisconsin Public Radio listening areas at 3 pm CT and re-broadcast at 9 pm CT.
- Listen to a live webstream of the show on the Ideas Network.
- Call 1-877-GLOBE-07 to leave a voice mail for Here on Earth: Radio without Borders anytime.
- Leave a comment on this page, or send us an email with your thoughts.